Between April and May, as part of the community-led project I’m running over the summer, 265 web content professionals from six continents (thank you) were surveyed about their life, work and education. This first set of graphics show the results for gender, age and location.
Gender and Age
Q1. What is your gender?
- This near 60/40 split in favour of females compares favourably to the list of speakers at the recent Confab content strategy conference in Minneapolis where 63% were female, and the forthcoming Content Strategy Forum 2011 in London where 59% of the speakers will be female
Q2. Which age bracket do you fall into?
- Hardly earth shattering stuff but over half of all respondents (55.57%) fell between the 31-40 age bracket
Q1. What is your gender? vs. Q2. Which age bracket do you fall into?
- Of the 55.57% of respondents aged between 31-40, approximately 60% were female
Data summary for gender and age questions
- As expected the United States and United Kingdom accounted for the vast majority (83%) of all respondents
United States and Canada’s 73% share in detail
- Just under a quarter of all respondents (24%) hailed from the Northeast region of the United States alone
Europe’s 21% share in detail
- With France and Germany accounting for only 6% of Europe’s respondents excluding the United Kingdom, I’m intrigued to learn how the remaining 29% is distributed across the continent
Data summary for location question
|United States (Northeast)||63||24|
|United States (Midwest)||47||18|
|United States (South)||30||11|
|United States (West)||42||16|
|Europe||Europe (minus France, Germany and UK)||16||6|
|Asia and Middle East||Asia (minus China, India and Japan)||0||0|
|Central/South America and Caribbean||2||1|
What can you do with this data?
- A content strategy survey fit for a king
- Content strategy survey results: part 2